Incorporated in 1954, the Old Orchard Beach Historical Society serves to preserve the history of the Old Orchard area. Today operating out of the Harmon Museum, previously the house of the late W. Warren Harmon, the Society collects material relating to the town and it's storied past. The Society's collection of clothing is of particular note, and is one of the more prominent fixtures in the holdings of the Old Orchard Beach Historical Society.
Selected Old Orchard Beach Historical Society images:
The museum maintains regular seasonal hours during the summer, but the offices are staffed year-round and tours are available during the rest of the year upon special request.
- Planes taking on fuel, Old Orchard Beach, 1924
- 'Yellow Bird' and 'Green Flash,' Old Orchard Beach, 1929
- Royal Windsor, Old Orchard Beach, 1927
- Curtiss JN-4C, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1927
- Harry M. Jones and passengers, 1930
- Centenarians, Old Orchard Beach, 1927
- Standard J-1, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1920s
- Royal Canadian Air Force plane, Old Orchard Beach, 1926
- Harry Jones and friends with a Curtiss JN-4C